Autoconf 2.49b

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Autoconf 2.49b
Date: 06 Dec 2000 19:00:34 +0100

[I will post this announcement on gnu.utils.bug tomorrow, unless
someone beats me.  I'm waiting for the snapshot to be available to do
that.]

A snapshot of CVS Autoconf is available at

        ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.49b.tar.gz

There are a few pending issues that will have to be addressed before
the release, so you are encouraged not to make any release of packages
depending upon this version of Autoconf.

Nevertheless, please start using it for your development sources.  The
release will be made ``quite real soon now'' (before February?), and
your testing is very important for us *now*.

Of course, another way to help us consists in running the test suite,
in particular if your architecture is known to be tough.  Reports
should be sent to address@hidden

The documentation has changed too, and aims at providing all the
information portabilists may want to know.  But it's not finished and
your help would be particularly appreciated: if you know some issues
which are not in the documentation, please send the patches to
address@hidden  Please don't send `rough' information, the
queue is already heavily loaded and we don't really have enough time
to convert rough information into decent Texinfo snippets.

For the Autoconf Team (Alexandre, Jim, Paul, Pavel, Tom)

        Akim