Re: nawk portability problem (Was: Current CVS - test suite needs gawk??

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: nawk portability problem (Was: Current CVS - test suite needs gawk???)
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 16:21:19 -0500 (EST)

[ On Thursday, December 7, 2000 at 10:04:48 (-0800), Paul Eggert wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: nawk portability problem (Was: Current CVS - test suite needs
> gawk???)
>
> Since this problem occurs only for maintainers, I wouldn't worry about
> it.  You can tell maintainers to get a working awk.

They might try by first ensuring they have the most recent release of
nawk.  It is freeware and it is very well maintained by one of its
original authors, and the current release is dated Nov. 27, 2000.

        http://plan9.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/bwk/awkcode.txt
or
        http://plan9.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/bwk/awk.tar.gz

There's a note in the FIXES file from the nawk source distribution
stating that a function call memory leak was fixed on April 21, 2000.  I
don't know if that'll fix the bug referred to in this thread, or not.

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <address@hidden>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <address@hidden>; Secrets of the Weird <address@hidden>