More exit() troubles

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: More exit() troubles
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:37:31 +0100

I've attached a config.log that shows more problems with exit().
The problem is that the Visual C++ compiler thinks exit is declared
to be exported from the library it is compiling, and not to be
imported from another system library.  This causes only a warning
while compiling objects (exit status 0), but fails when we try to
link an executable later in the configure script...

I don't use exit() in my configure tests, and none of the macros
I use use exit (I check), and autoconf only uses exit to check for
a declaration of exit.  Can I please get an option to turn off
this bs test (AC_NEED_NO_STINKING_EXIT comes to mind)?  I really
don't need the exit declaration - it's presence has only caused
problems for us at coin3d.org and our users...

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'