Re: compiler wrappers

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: compiler wrappers
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:08:25 +0100

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:45:57PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
: IMO, you are just facing a cross-compilation and canonicalization
: related issue (VC etc. under Cygwin - this is a special form of
: cross compilation :).
:
: Therefore I would apply the gnu-canonicalization naming scheme (e.g.
: by naming your scripts i386-pc-vc-cc or similar), and add
: appropriate support to config.guess, config.sub etc.
:
: If you want to pick them up locally from your package, just pick
: them them up from there just like any other built-tool required for
: building a package.

This wasn't such a bad idea.  I'll need to investigate how this
would work in practice though, since I have no experience with
cross-compilation.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'