Re: Shell crash on SunOS 4.1.3

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Shell crash on SunOS 4.1.3
Date: 21 Jan 2001 07:02:14 +1000

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

> Torbjorn> Running configure from the current GMP working sources,
> Torbjorn> SunOS 4.1.3 /bin/sh catches a segfault.
>
> Thanks a lot.  I'm working on it, which means I first try to get this
> *(*£&$ test suite work properly on SunOS.  I don't think there is a
> test which exercises the bug, afaics.  Could I ask you to write a
> dummy configure.in which triggers the bug on your system?

Alas attempts at making such an input have met with miserable failure.

Whatever the bug is, it seems highly dependent on the environment.  I
got to config.status.cutdown below which provokes the segv under

        env - PATH=/bin:/usr/bin sh config.status.cutdown

But the full config.status run that way seems to work (in other
circumstances it doesn't).  In each case though the offending line is

  CONFIG_LINKS=${CONFIG_LINKS="$config_links"}

The suggested variant from the manual seems to work

  test "${CONFIG_LINKS+set}" = set || CONFIG_LINKS=$config_links

But the problem looks too subtle to confidently say that's a definite
fix.