Re: AC_OUTPUT_COMMANDS

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: AC_OUTPUT_COMMANDS
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:52:09 +0100

Akim Demaille wrote:

> Err, maybe $INSTALL should be preserved too?
Let me put it this way: All well-known (may they be explictly
documented or not :) shell-variables should be preserved.

This comprises includedir, libdir, target, host, build, prefix,
exec_prefix and many more.

AFAIS from my foo-0 example, the only relevant variables this
happens for are top_srcdir, srcdir and INSTALL - Therefore, I would
say yes, INSTALL should be preserved, too. If other variables
somehow can make it into the responsible config.status section (I
simply don't know :), they also should be preserved.

Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung
(FAW)
Helmholtzstr. 16, 89081 Ulm, Germany     Tel: +49/731/501-8690
mailto:address@hidden           FAX: +49/731/501-999
http://www.faw.uni-ulm.de