Re: BUGS

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: BUGS
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:36:52 +0100

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 04:32:21PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
: Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
: > Hm, why not.  Nice suggestion.  I'd propose `AC_PROG_PERL' since
: > that's an already common means to `quote'.
:
: I'd recommend against standardizing on *new* stuff that has the uneven
: quote problem.

Using the m4 []-quotes would be intuitive, but you have the higher
probability for [AC_MACRO] being in the output of an incorrect
(overquoted) configure.in.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'