Re: Testsuite failures on UnixWare 7.1.1

From: Matt Schalit
Subject: Re: Testsuite failures on UnixWare 7.1.1
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:37:40 -0800

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2001, Matthew Schalit <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Is this because I have no CXX or F77 at this point?
>
> Quite likely.  Would you give CVS autoconf a spin and see how it goes?
> It should probably handle the lack of these programs more gracefully.

I'm concerned that the CVS version will have more bugs in it.
If it's not stable, then I thought it's not stable.  I don't
know how else to describe that.  If it doesn't have bugs, then
why is it not released?

At this point, I'm amazingly tired of bugs in programs that
won't compile and test on an OS that's been out for 5 years,
and I just heard that the verion I'm trying has problems with
Uw7.1.1.  So I unleashed autoconf on a configure.in and it made
a totally unusable configure.  So at this point, I'm not sure
I ever want to use autoconf again, especially because I don't
know what it gains me when there's already a configure.

Thanks for the swift reply, btw, that was very nice of you.

Be well,
Matt