macro doc inconsistencies

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: macro doc inconsistencies
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 17:00:17 +0200

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 12:04:37AM -0400, Steven G. Johnson wrote:
: On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 address@hidden wrote:
: > On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 11:21:03PM -0400, Steven G. Johnson wrote:
: > > This macro is documented in the manual but I can't seem to find it in the
: > > source.  Is it obsolete?
: >
: > Well spotted!  It's now AC_LIBSOURCES([foo.c, bar.c]).

If we could merge the macro reference documentation with the m4 files and
get it extracted automatically, it would be a breeze to keep the doc
consistent with the implementation, and since the doc would be located
with the macro it would be more tempting to update the documentation when
we're working on a macro.  Creating an "autodoc" system for this wouldn't
be trivial though, as you need to consider macro ordering for the texi
document, etc.

Just an idea.  Should I put it in TODO or something?

  Lars J