Why does this AC_ARG_WITH not work in my configure.in

From: Otto Wyss
Subject: Why does this AC_ARG_WITH not work in my configure.in
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:30:38 +0200

I've copied the following AC_ARG_WITH statement from GTK+-2.0 configure.in into
my configure.in, put if a use './configure --with-gdktarget=test' it does
nothing in my script while it correctly shows the error in GTK+-2.0. What do I
have to do it will work in my script as well?

O. Wyss

-- configure.in ----------------------------------------
dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.

AC_INIT(pkgmgr.c)
dnl Every other copy of the package version number gets its value from here
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(pkgmgr, 0.1.0)

dnl create a config.h file (Automake will add -DHAVE_CONFIG_H)
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)

AC_SUBST(VERSION)

ISODATE=`date +%Y-%m-%d`
AC_SUBST(ISODATE)

AC_CANONICAL_HOST

AM_MAINTAINER_MODE

AC_ARG_WITH(gdktarget, [  --with-gdktarget=[x11/nanox/linux-fb] select GDK
target [default=x11] ],
        gdktarget=$with_gdktarget)
AC_SUBST(gdktarget)
case $gdktarget in
  x11|nanox|linux-fb) ;;
  *) AC_MSG_ERROR([Invalid target for GDK: use x11, nanox or linux-fb.]);;
esac