Re: Autconf and Alpha architecture

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Autconf and Alpha architecture
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:35:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Andre!

Please don't use HTML in mailing lists - not everybody can read it.  Also
it increases mail traffic.

> I'm trying to build a Linux from Scratch system, but I'm having problems
> right after autoconf and automake are installed.  It seems that whenever
> autoconf tries to figure out the correct set of flags to use for enabling
> large file support, it seems to forget to put a "-D" in front of the
> preprocessor macro.  For example when configure tries to determine how to
> run the preprocessor, it executes the following:
>
> gcc -E _POSIX_V6_LP64_OFF64 conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out

That would be a very serious bug in Autoconf, but I don't see
_POSIX_V6_LP64_OFF64 anywhere in the Autoconf sources.

Could you please find out where _POSIX_V6_LP64_OFF64 comes from and how
it is used?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin