Help with AC_REPLACE_FUNCS

From: Grosch, Scott
Subject: Help with AC_REPLACE_FUNCS
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:09:43 -0700

I am having trouble getting a replacement to work.  I'm trying this, but I
get
an error from sh when I run configure:

AC_CHECK_FUNCS(strrchr, [],
                  AC_CHECK_LIB(iberty, strrchr, [],

AC_REPLACE_FUNCS([${srcdir}/replace/strrchr.c])))

I basically want to check for the function, and if it's not there then check
and
see if I can find it in -liberty, and if they don't have that installed,
then
pull a copy from the toplevel replace dir where I have a copy of it.

I get this:

.../configure: syntax error at line 5419: `end of file' unexpected