Re: Reverse AC_REQUIRE and AC_CHECK_TYPE changes?

From: Adam J. Richter
Subject: Re: Reverse AC_REQUIRE and AC_CHECK_TYPE changes?
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:43:08 -0700

>From: Akim Demaille <address@hidden>

>Adam>  1. AC_REQUIRE cannot be called from top level.
[...]
>Adam>  Now I have to write lots of little macros like:

>Adam> AC_DEFUN(REQUIRE_FOO,[AC_REQUIRE(FOO)]); AC_REQUIRE_FOO

>Why?  Just run FOO.

        Because many of your macros generate warnings or even abort if
they are called more than once and many user macros may have undesired
side effects and, of course, will result in slower ./configure run
time if they are called more than once, making use of autoconf less
desirable in comparison to alternatives.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
address@hidden     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."