Re: AC_EXEEXT macro problem

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: AC_EXEEXT macro problem
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 18:38:31 +0200

> I'm the creator of Python.
Like anyone here wouldn't recognize your name.  You're quite famous in
certain circles, you know.

> I'm new to this list.  We use autoconf (happily, I might add) and I've
> run into a snag.  Please look at this Python bug report on SourceForge:
>
>   http://sf.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470&func=detail&aid=420416

> It appears that the AC_EXEEXT macro is naive, and fails on BeOS.  Can
> someone help me fix the macro?  (It would seem *.xSYM needs to be
> added to its case statement of ignored extensions.)

Easily done.  Patch attached; this should show up in the CVS version
shortly.
As a workaround (so Python users don't require a CVS or hacked version of
autoconf), you could strip '-g' from CFLAGS on BeOS (as it seems to be that
flag that produces the .xSYM file) in configure.in.