Re: Autoconf 2.50 - 2.13 problems

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.50 - 2.13 problems
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 02:49:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Renato!

> ./configure: line 5110: syntax error near unexpected token `else'
> ./configure: line 5110: `else'
>
> and others...
>
> Pekka from silc runs autoconf 2.13 and he has no problems at all... is
> there some "backward incompatibility" in 2.5 with 2.13?

Most likely it's be just a result of underquoting or doing something wrong
that autoconf-2.13 would condone.

It may be a bug in Autoconf-2.50, but I wouldn't bother checking until you
prove it or reduce the problem to a simple test case.

Some intended incompatibility does exist, but I don't think it's the case.

By the way, try autoconf-2.52.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin