Re: RFI: Trailing blanks

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: RFI: Trailing blanks
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:50:24 +0100

On Friday 17 August 2001 4:49 pm, Akim Demaille wrote:
> Typically, one can observe that the Autotest snippet contain useless
> multiple empty lines, which are to be killed, while those in the test
> values have to be kept.
>
> So I would like to remove that --normalize, completely replaced with
> @""@.  Does it sound OK to everybody?

This solution looks good to me.  However, I also wonder whether it would be
more transparent if the `smashing' code were to know about here documents
and test files?  Blank lines in such strings could be left untouched.

On the other hand teaching perl so much about shell quoting is probably a
total nightmare, but I figured I should toss the idea out incase it sticks :-)

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_. Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(oranda.demon.co.uk|gnu.org)