Re: [f77] Disable C comments in config.h

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [f77] Disable C comments in config.h
Date: 03 Sep 2001 09:55:34 +0200

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Barbier <address@hidden> writes:

Denis> Hi, AIX Fortran compiler dislikes C comments in config.h; it
Denis> would be nice to have a macro to disable such comments (i mean
Denis> a documented macro ;)),

:) :) :)

Denis> or maybe check for this feature in AC_PROG_F77 and remove them
Denis> automagically.

Do...

The real question is: can we continue with the implicit assumption
that a single config.h for all the languages (and worse yet with
confdefs.h) is not a dead end?

Each time I think about multiple languages support in a single
configure.ac, I'm terrified (problem with the cache variables, a
single AC_DEFINE name space for all the languages etc.).  So I think
the only reasonable thing to do is having a separate configure.ac for
each language (I'm referring to huge project which might have to
AC_CHECK_FUNCS the same function, but in different languages for
instance, I'm not saying I will forbid anything).

Anyway, back to this issue: what do you mean by ``dislikes'': warns,
or chokes?