Re: Autotest usage outside the Autoconf

From: Alexey Mahotkin
Subject: Re: Autotest usage outside the Autoconf
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:42:23 +0400 (MSD)

>>>>> "AD" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Thanks!

Alexey> - it is sometimes inconvenient that AT_CHECK() executes tests
Alexey> from scratch, and in fresh shell.  I'd like sometimes to
Alexey> execute one test in the same current directory that the
Alexey> previous test left it;

AD> There is no such problem: the test groups (AT_SETUP/AT_CLEANUP)
AD> provide such mini environments.

I'd like a variation on AT_CHECK that _doesn't_ provide such mini
environments :)

Alexey> - more specific question: how could I use shell variables in
Alexey> file contents in AT_DATA?  It quotes the dollar-signs with
Alexey> backslashes...  How to turn it off?

AD> Use a plain heredoc.

=)

AD> What is your purpose?

Uniformity.