Re: *** Warning: File `config.h' has modification time in the future

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: *** Warning: File `config.h' has modification time in the future
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:32:55 +0100

Es schrieb John Poltorak:

> For some reason I keep getting this error msg when running Make after
> configure:-
>
> *** Warning: File `config.h' has modification time in the future
>
> config.h has a timestamp one hour in front of the current time.
>
> Any suggestions about what could be causing this?
>
> I suspect it is related to $TZ some how...

I've seen such errors when having parts of the project mounted
via nfs - and nfs time skew is not that uncommon when the server
and client disagree about what time it is or the time-protocol
does not sync them correctly in the network. It (almost) certainly
does not have to do with $TZ or something, - unix programs use
time(2)-ticks everywhere which is TZ-independent, I mean including
file timestamps and checks about them... HTH, cheers, guido