Re: AC_UNIQUIFY_FIRST AC_UNIQUIFY_LAST AC_OUTPUT_SUBDIRS

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: AC_UNIQUIFY_FIRST AC_UNIQUIFY_LAST AC_OUTPUT_SUBDIRS
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:31:52 -0800 (PST)

> From: "Men Muheim" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:27:07 +0100

> # autoconf --version
> Autoconf version 2.13

You run Autoconf as root????  You're braver than I.

> Unfortunately I cannot find a newer version on the web (I have found
> autoconf-2.14.tar.gz and autoconf-2.52.tar.gz) but "autoconf --version" is
> still 2.13.

2.52 is newer than 2.13.  If "autoconf --version" says 2.13, you
haven't installed the newer version properly.  Please unpack
autoconf-2.52.tar.gz and read the INSTALL file for further
instructions.

> The inventor of ardour says one should use autoconf 2.14.1. Do you know
> where I can find it? May this solve my problem?

> The inventor of ardour says one should use autoconf 2.14.1.

That was not an official version and isn't supported well.  Perhaps
you can ask the inventor of ardour for a copy.  Sorry, I don't know
offhand where to get it.