Re: AC_C_BIGENDIAN

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: AC_C_BIGENDIAN
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 07:11:54 -0800

Peter Simons wrote:

> I have the following problem: My code depends on BYTE_ORDER being
> defined to either LITTLE_ENDIAN or BIG_ENDIAN. So I use the
> AC_C_BIGENDIAN macro to deterimine the endianess, but unfortunately,
> the macro does not define the names as I would need them. No big deal,
> I simply use the following code to solve that:

  #ifndef BYTE_ORDER
  #  ifdef  WORDS_BIGENDIAN
  #    define BYTE_ORDER  BIG_ENDIAN
  #  else
  #    define BYTE_ORDER  LITTLE_ENDIAN
  #  endif
  #endif

Otherwise, methinks you need to rewrite AC_C_BIGENDIAN for
your own purposes.

cheers,

Bruce Korb <first initial + last name at gnu dot org>
AutoGen URL: http://autogen.sourceforge.net