Problem with autoconf v2.52f

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Problem with autoconf v2.52f
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:22:08 +0000

I've encountered a strange problem when trying to use autoconf v2.52f on
OS/2 to build Sox v12.17.3...

Configure always stops at the line indicated below:-

_ACEOF

  cat <<\_ACEOF

System types:
  --build=BUILD     configure for building on BUILD [guessed]
  --host=HOST       build programs to run on HOST [BUILD]
  --target=TARGET   configure for building compilers for TARGET [HOST]
_ACEOF
fi

if test -n "$ac_init_help"; then

Optional Features:

but if I change that line to:-

  cat <<_ACEOF

it works correctly.

Can anyone suggest what is going wrong or how I can attempt to debug this
problem?

--
John