Re: Autoconf support for VxWorks.

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: Autoconf support for VxWorks.
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:52:49 +0100

Es schrieb "Fredriksson, Johan":

> Do I need to change the rules in autoconf.m4f and acspecific.m4 to get
> autoconf to support VxWorks. I have a package that I've built on Cygwin and
> Sun-Solaris, now I need to build it on VxWorks.
>
> If I need to do this where do I get Information about it? The autoconf
> manual don't bring me much information.

May I ask if you compile "on" vxworks, or crosscompile "for" vxworks?
>From my experiences with compiling autoconf'ed programs for vxworks,
it was mostly the missing crosscompile support that led to problems
(and, btw, the multitude of vxworks-runnig target processors spawned
 the idea about the crosscompile-safe ac_c_bigendian). And simulating
some sane ac_check_lib behaviour was a real PITA, so if you could
come up with some good ideas to do that, pleeeease, go ahead, but
so far I would have chosen to put such vxworks support into
libtool rather than autoconf, so the linking fails or not in there.

cheers,
-- guido                                    http://freespace.sf.net/guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++$++++ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)