Re: AC_PROG_SED: rejected?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_SED: rejected?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:05:32 -0800 (PST)

> From: Robert Boehne <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:05:38 -0600

> I haven't seen any discussion of it after my last tweak
> to the patch, but it hasn't been checked in.

I assume you're talking about this URL?

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/autoconf-patches/2002-January/008138.html

I don't know of any reason that the patch was rejected, so it's probably
still in the queue.

The ChangeLog says that Akim removed AC_PROG_SED on 2000-02-10;
perhaps he can explain why it was removed.  AC_PROG_SED wasn't in
Autoconf 2.13, but the ChangeLog doesn't say when or why it was added.
Presumably it was some internals thing.

In your message you wrote:

> I was thinking that I would tack on LT_ to the macro name
> (after expanding post-2.50 Autoconf macros in it), add it to Libtool,
> and then when AC_PROG_SED is available in a released version
> of Autoconf, remove my private copy.  Does that sound sane?

and the answer to that question is "yes".