Re: configure.in vs. configure.ac clash

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: configure.in vs. configure.ac clash
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 15:59:32 +0100

>>> "gd" == Guido Draheim <address@hidden> writes:

 gd> while trying to create an rpm for the mp4h project, I jumped on the
 gd> following problem:

 gd> - the toplevel configure has configure.ac
 gd> - a subdir libltdl/ is copied in, which contains a configure.in
 gd> - the rpm macro %configure will expand to a line like
 gd> CFLAGS=$RPM_CFLAGS configure --prefix ....
 gd> - the toplevel configure will call the the ltdl/configure using...
 gd> configure sometarget --prefix... 'CFLAGS=$expanded_RPM_CFLAGS'

 gd> and BOOM.  Yepp, I can fix it while *not* using %configure
 gd> with the extra CFLAGS settings.

The real fix is to rerun autoconf in both directories to make
sure the configure is generated by the same version of Autoconf
(Your libltdl/configure obviously comes from Autoconf 2.13).

[...]

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz