Re: Autoconf 2.52i is released

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.52i is released
Date: 06 Mar 2002 16:52:18 +0100

>>>>> "John" == John Poltorak <address@hidden> writes:

John> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 10:40:49AM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
>> This is our release candidate.  Please, test it sorely.  If no
>> regression is found as compared to 2.52, Autoconf 2.53 should be
>> released soon.

John> Does this Autoconf make any effort to update the
John> config.[sub,guess] in an app with the ones supplied with
John> Autoconf itself, if it finds a backlevel version?

I don't remember someone making the effort to submit such a patch.

In addition, since autoconf itself does not install these files in a
package, so it is not really its role yet.  First, I think Automake
and Libtoolize should do that.