Autoconf macros

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Autoconf macros
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:42:33 -0800

Please see:

  http://autogen.sourceforge.net/conftest.html

If there is any part about those forms that you find difficult,
please let me know so I can make them still more obvious.
I would recommend filling in the form for a "with-orbitals-lib"
option and have a shell script do a simplistic search when
"with-orbitals-lib" is not supplied.  It will automatically
add stuff to your usage output for the configure program and
enable you to easily accept options for specifying the lib path.

e.g.:

  --with-orbital-lib=/path/to/orbitals/prefix

would then cause:

  LIBS="$LIBS -L/path/to/orbitals/prefix -lorbitals"
  CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I/path/to/orbitals/prefix/include"

> I am trying to learn from the autobook, and the AC archive,
> http://www.gnu.org/software/ac-archive/
>
> But the macros seem too intricate...

That's why I wrote the page.