Configure/make files for cross compilers

From: Andrew Kiggins
Subject: Configure/make files for cross compilers
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:34:52 -0500

Folks,
I need to port some UNIX based code to an embedded OS (VxWorks).

Autoconf/configure is the modus operandus for building the various UNIX flavours. To keep things nice I'd like to try to follow this module.

Is it possible to generate configure files that will do the right thing for the cross-compiler/include files/library files ? Can I tell autoconf to look elsewhere for the various header, if so how do I set about verifying their operation in the native system?

The whole thing smacks of a Canadian Cross, but I'm sort of at a loss to figure out whether this is even possible, or whether I just have to #ifdef the code and supply handcrafted Makefiles.

Thanks
Andrew

#ifdef, #ifdef, #ifdef - spit!