Re: m4 quoting change? (2.52->2.53)

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: m4 quoting change? (2.52->2.53)
Date: 09 Apr 2002 12:05:44 +0200

>>>>> "Roger" == Roger Leigh <address@hidden> writes:

Roger> OK.  Are autom4te and m4sugar to abstract autoconf away from
Roger> m4,

No, to improve M4's interface, and to implement caching.

Roger> to allow replacement with e.g. autogen, so you can implement m4
Roger> with autogen?

No, we stick to M4.

Roger> OK, thanks.  I did think that this was me--not keeping up fast
Roger> enough with new autoconf features!

New Autoconf features does not imply obsoleting your code.