Proposal for macros to check for global variables

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Proposal for macros to check for global variables
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:33:03 -0400 (EDT)

Checking for global variables is necessary and useful in many situations.
Autoconf currently has zero support for this, so I would like to propose a
new macro family AC_CHECK_VAR/AC_CHECK_VARS to take care of this.

Checking for global variables is much like the link time check for
functions, only that you need to declare the thing as a variable.  Please
take a look at the code in the attached file and let me know if this is
worth pursuing.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden