Re: Macros to check for variables, next try

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: Macros to check for variables, next try
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:14:44 -0400 (EDT)

Andreas Schwab writes:

> Peter Eisentraut <address@hidden> writes:
>
> |> # AC_LANG_VAR_LINK_TRY(C)(TYPE, VARIABLE, [INCLUDES])
> |> # ---------------------------------------------------
> |> m4_define([AC_LANG_VAR_LINK_TRY(C)],
> |> [AC_LANG_PROGRAM(
> |> [AC_INCLUDES_DEFAULT([$3])
> |> extern $1 $2;
>
> This won't work with more complex types that requires to put the
> identifier in infix position, like arrays (think about sys_errlist).

That's a good point, but unfortunately I've been unable to find an answer
for that.  Implementing a 'cdecl'-like parser in m4 is certainly not
attractive.  If we eventually plan to "fix" the FUNC family as well this
problem will only get worse.  Any ideas out there?

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden