Re: AC_FUNC_SETVBUF_REVERSED in cross-compilation

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: AC_FUNC_SETVBUF_REVERSED in cross-compilation
Date: 09 May 2002 22:12:17 -0400

%% Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

  pe> I have installed the following patch into the Autoconf CVS.  It should
  pe> appear in the next version of Autoconf, and it should fix your problem.

  pe> 2002-05-08  Paul Eggert  <address@hidden>

  pe>   * lib/autoconf/functions.m4 (AC_FUNC_SETVBUF_REVERSED):
  pe>   If prototypes are supported, use them to check this at compile-time,
  pe>   instead of trying to check it at run-time.  If we must do a run-time
  pe>   check, assume that setvbuf is standard when cross-compiling, as
  pe>   nonstandard setvbuf occurs only on ancient and unlikely hosts.

Just curious, but what does this do on systems which don't have
setvbuf() at all?

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools