Installation of GNU autoconf in FreeBSD

From: Yamini Patri
Subject: Installation of GNU autoconf in FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:11:22 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings:

I am trying to install autoconf 2.53 on FreeBSD for
which GNU's M4 1.4 is required. So, I installed GNU's
M4. As far as I can see there is no problem in the
installation of M4 1.4. But when I go back to install
autoconf I get an error message saying that GNU M4 is
required. I am not able to figure out why this is
happening and I am completely new to FreeBSD. I would
greatly appreciate your pointers about this.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
Yamini.