Re: best practices configure.ac's

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: best practices configure.ac's
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:16:21 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Glenn McGrath <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:36:06 +1000

> Quite often i find myself looking at different projects configure.ac to
> see how they do it, however often projects still using the old
> configure.in, or dont solve the problem i have.
>
> It may be usefull if there were a list of active projects that serve as
> good examples of how it should be done.

I suggest the fileutils/textutils/shellutils packages which you can
find in <ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/fetish>.

GNU 'hello' is supposed to be a canonical example of this sort of
thing, but it hasn't been released in some time.  I'll CC: this
message to its maintainer to see what's up.

While we're on the subject, GNU hello should have a new option:

  @item -u
  Has no effect and does not start Word.

This is for compatibility with Microsoft Word, which has the identical
option.