Re: conftest problem using autoconf 2.13-14

From: Elisabetta Ronchieri
Subject: Re: conftest problem using autoconf 2.13-14
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:29:57 +0200

Andreas Schwab wrote:

> Elisabetta Ronchieri <address@hidden> writes:
>
> |> During its execution I receive the following message:
> |>
> |> ./bootstrap
> |> + '[' '!' -d ./config ']'
> |> + mkdir ./config
> |> + rm -f config.cache
> |> + aclocal -I config
> |> + touch NEWS README AUTHORS ChangeLog
> |> + libtoolize --ltdl --force --copy
> |> You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
> |> Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
> |> + autoheader
> |> + automake --foreign -a -c -i --add-missing
> |> automake: configure.in: installing `config/install-sh'
> |> automake: configure.in: installing `config/mkinstalldirs'
> |> automake: configure.in: installing `config/missing'
> |> + autoconf
> |>
> |> Why is there the message: You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running
> |> aclocal.??
> |> How can I do to remove it??
>
> Use "libtoolize --automake".  But this has nothing to do with autoconf.
>
> Andreas.

Thank you for your quick answer. I never used libtoolize with the option
automake.

I wrote to the autoconf mailing list, especially for the conftest
problem, that I never met with it. Anyway I have still the conftest
problem. Why????

I copied my small package on RH6.2 and I don't have the same behavior
that I have on RH7.2. For example, after bootstrap I have:

./bootstrap
+ [ ! -d ./config ]
+ mkdir ./config
+ rm -f config.cache
+ aclocal -I config
+ touch NEWS README AUTHORS ChangeLog
+ libtoolize --automake --force --copy
+ autoheader
+ automake --foreign -a -c -i --add-missing
automake: configure.in: installing `config/install-sh'
    error while copying

automake: configure.in: installing `config/mkinstalldirs'
    error while copying

automake: configure.in: installing `config/missing'
    error while copying

+ autoconf

and after configure I don't find conftest file on my work directory.
What is the problem??

cheers
eli