auto-regenerating Makefile.in and Makefile files

From: Ionutz Borcoman
Subject: auto-regenerating Makefile.in and Makefile files
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 10:44:49 +0300

Hi,

Is there any way to set the autotools or something else to regenerate Makefile.in and Makefile files if I change the Makefile.am ? Or is there a simple command to do this (but keeping all the options I've give to configure) ?

What about file xxx generated from xxx.in ?

The problem is that my package grew quite a lot lately and I have to wait a lot just to regenerate a Makefile, for example...

TIA,

Ionutz