upgrade 2.13 to 2.53

From: Vincent McIntyre
Subject: upgrade 2.13 to 2.53
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 16:58:23 +1000 (EST)

I have a question about the old files from 2.13 that is not covered
in the manual. I was unable to connect to the list archive for some
reason, so apologies if this has been asked before.

This is what I have at the moment;

% /bin/ls -F /usr/local/gnu/share/autoconf/
acconfig.h       acidentifiers    acspecific.m4    autoheader.m4f
acfunctions      acmakevars       autoconf.m4
acgeneral.m4     acoldnames.m4    autoconf.m4f
acheaders        acprograms       autoheader.m4

I see from doing a make -n install that autoconf installs a number of
subdirectories here, and m4 files within the subdirs, but no m4 files
in the "top" level. Should I remove the files shown above, for things
to work correctly? I guess if autoconf now ignores these files, I
should dump them anyway, so they don't "cruft" up the system.

Cheers
Vincent McIntyre                                address@hidden
Australia Telescope National Facility, CSIRO     voice:+61-2-9372-4643
PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, AUSTRALIA             fax:+61-2-9372-4442