Re: Suspected bug with Autoconf built configures and SunOS 4.1.3_U1

From: Paul Frommeyer
Subject: Re: Suspected bug with Autoconf built configures and SunOS 4.1.3_U1
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:56:43 -0700

| As far as I know, the bug was never fixed in SunOS 4.1.3.  I think
| people were supposed to upgrade to SunOS 4.1.4.  I don't know if that
| is an option for you, though.

This all suggests that my time and money would be better spent in replacing
rather than band-aiding.

| I think Sun still supports SunOS 4.1.3 and 4.1.4, but only in "Vintage
| Support in years 3 through 5" mode, which means they won't generate
| new patches for you.  After 2003-09-30, Sun will require a custom
| quote and a service division VP's signature for you to get software
| support.
|
| Could be time for you to upgrade.  :-)

It's way past time, as I'm sure is all too obvious. Logistics have
prevented me from tackling this, but I've vowed to get FreeBSD in
place within the year.

Thanks again for all the time and trouble.
Best,
        Paul

Paul "Corwin" Frommeyer                                        address@hidden
Webmaster, Paul's Fone Company                                   www.palas.com
    Internet Engineers: Connectivity, Firewalls, Cisco routers a specialty
              "Dependencies, dependencies, all is dependencies!"