Re: config.h HOW TO GENERATE !!!!

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: config.h HOW TO GENERATE !!!!
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:48:57 +0200

First, thank for the answer ... but it does not work!

address@hidden:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm a little bored with this CONFIG.H problem ....
> >
> > Here my configure.ac files, generated first with
> > autoscan-2.53.
> >
> > AC_INIT([CDK-MAIN],[1.0],address@hidden)
> > AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h:config/config.h.in])
>
> > Please, could someone help me ....
>
> If you want config/config.h you might want to use either
> AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config/config.h])
> or
> AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config/config.h:config/config.h.in])

  I rewrite the rules as this one ... and I've got:
  config.status: error: cannot find input file: config.h.in

  I do not understand, because ALL the instance of the string
  config.h.in in my configure.ac script is prefix by 'config/'!

  I do not understand why It will take config.h.in in current
  dir instead of "config/"

  When I replace "config/config.h.in" by "config.h.in" and try
  to generate config.h in current directory IT'S WORK. But
  config.h is not in the directory I want (config/)

  To make my point clear, here my configure.ac that work
  but it generate config.h in current dir script:

  # Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure
script.
AC_INIT([CDK-Main], [1.0], address@hidden)
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h:config.h.in])
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([config.h.in])
dnl AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(config)
AC_REVISION($Revision$)

# Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_CC

# Checks for libraries.

# Checks for header files.
AC_HEADER_STDC
AC_CHECK_HEADERS([stdlib.h])

# Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler
characteristics.
AC_C_CONST
AC_C_INLINE

# Checks for library functions.
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([memmove setenv strchr])

AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile:config/Makefile.in \
                config/Make.Vars.inc:config/Make.Vars.inc.in])
AC_OUTPUT

And here the script that do not generate config.h in directory
config:
(The difference are just in AC_CONFIG_HEADERS &
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR)

# Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure
script.
AC_INIT([CDK-Main], [1.0], address@hidden)
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config/config.h:config/config.h.in])
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([config/config.h.in])
dnl AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(config)
AC_REVISION($Revision$)

# Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_CC

# Checks for libraries.

# Checks for header files.
AC_HEADER_STDC
AC_CHECK_HEADERS([stdlib.h])

# Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler
characteristics.
AC_C_CONST
AC_C_INLINE

# Checks for library functions.
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([memmove setenv strchr])

AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile:config/Makefile.in \
                config/Make.Vars.inc:config/Make.Vars.inc.in])
AC_OUTPUT

Even the followin simple script do not work !
AC_INIT([CDK-MAIN],[1.0],address@hidden)
AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config/config.h:config/config.h.in])

AC_OUTPUT

Is it impossible to generate a config.h in another directory
than the current one ?

Thank you for your help
Laurent Marzullo

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ; 3615
LAPOSTENET (0,13 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"