Re: Fortran 9x: time for a decision

From: Kate Hedstrom
Subject: Re: Fortran 9x: time for a decision
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:15:32 -0900

> Regarding the inference of dialect from file ending, I thought the main
> problem would be that if you use .f the compiler might interpret it as
> fixed-format...which is "solved" by using .f for legacy code (F77) and
> .f90 or whatever for newer code.  Is there any F90+ compiler that doesn't
> interpret .f90 as F90 source??

The IBM does things differently. Invoking xlf means you have fixed
format while xlf90 means free format. You can override with -qfixed or
-qfree=f90. The big nasty is that by default it won't accept .f90 as a
valid file extension; you can force it with -qsuffix=f=f90.

For MPI code you invoke mpxlf or mpxlf90 while for OpenMP code you
invoke "xlf_r -qsmp=omp".

Kate
--
Kate Hedström       Arctic Region Supercomputing Center
address@hidden       University of Alaska, Fairbanks