Re: AC_DEFINE questions

From: Jeff Squyres
Subject: Re: AC_DEFINE questions
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:08:28 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Paul Eggert wrote:

> > We *don't* have multiple installations of autoconf
>
> That is your problem.  You have an inflexible organization that makes it
> [snipped]

An uninformed critique of my organization is really not the point here.

The very fact that you mention that there are other organizations out
there that are like mine validates my request for the features that I've
talked about.

Again -- you guys can implement these features or not.  I know that this
is open source software (I'm an open source developer myself), and no one
is paid to develop it.  This is the autoconf list, and as far as I know,
this is the appropriate place to make feature requests.  All I'm stating
(and you are too) is that there are organizations that could benefit from
these features, even if *your* organization does not need them (remember
that you could certainly *benefit* from them, even if you do not *need*
them).

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} address@hidden