Re: Basic script problem

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: Basic script problem
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 19:58:06 -0400

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 06:49:12PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> The quote is only recognised as meta character when occuring literally,
> but not when part of an expansion.

It might work with an eval (not tested):
    eval for JNI_INCLUDE_DIR in $JNI_INCLUDE_DIRS
    do
        CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS '-I$JNI_INCLUDE_DIR'"
    done
But who knows what else that will break!  It fundamentally
changes the way $JNI_INCLUDE_DIRS is parsed.

Besides the eval, note also the single-quotes I've added to the
assignment.  That's so that $CPPFLAGS will be properly quoted
when it's ultimately expanded in command lines.

> Don't use filenames that
> contain spaces.

Indeed!  I've taken to creating C:\Programs, as a place to
install UNIX-derived stuff.  Doesn't help in this case, of
course, since it's the referencing app, not the referenced one,
that cares.

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
My Wine works.  However it crashes about half the time on startup.
Apparently their simulation of windoze API is getting too accurate.  :)
        - Kyle Sallee