autoconf, libtool, FreeBSD and --no-verify

From: Johan Vervloet
Subject: autoconf, libtool, FreeBSD and --no-verify
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 14:59:41 +0200

Hello,

I am building a project under FreeBSD using autoconf, automake and
libtool.  When I run my generated configure script, it ends like this :

  ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
  Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
  configure: error: libtool configure failed

When I edit the configure file, and remove the `--no-verify' from this
line

  ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} $ac_aux_dir/ltconfig --no-reexec \
  $libtool_flags --no-verify $ac_aux_dir/ltmain.sh $lt_target \
  || { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: libtool configure failed" >&5

the problem doesn't occur anymore.

Does anybody know why this is ? And is there a way to create a
functional configure from configure.in automatically ?

Regards,

Johan

--
web     http://www.gewestpallieter.be/~johan/