Re: m4_pattern_forbid matches itself

From: Phil Edwards
Subject: Re: m4_pattern_forbid matches itself
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:31:00 -0400

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 03:07:29PM -0500, Raja R Harinath wrote:

> That's probably because it's been rate-limited.  Only one error per
> forbidden word, it appears.

Ah.  Okay, so I just need to put the m4_pattern_forbid() call at the end
of configure.in, so that all possible uses precede it.

*tries it*

Very good!

*sticks a use of target_alias in acinclude.m4/aclocal.m4*

Crumbs.  Still only triggers on configure.in.

*reads perl code*

Oh.  It's documented as only complaining about the last input file.
The comment is correct; this /is/ unsatisfying.  :-)  Sticking a call to
m4_pattern_forbid in acinclude.m4 doesn't help, either, since aclocal-1.7
doesn't use autom4te to do its work.  I'll have to think of something else.

Thanks,
Phil