Re: AC_CHECK_HEADER question

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_HEADER question
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:32:03 +0200 (CEST)

Mattias Brändström writes:

> configure:9316: checking SDL_ttf.h presence
> configure:9327: g++ -E  conftest.cc
> configure:9343:21: SDL_ttf.h: No such file or directory
>
> Which fails since it doesn't seem to use my CXXFLAGS variable at all.

-I flags belong into CPPFLAGS.

> I also get this message from ./configure:
>
> configure: WARNING: SDL_ttf.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
> preprocessor!
> configure: WARNING: SDL_ttf.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
> configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to address@hidden ##
>
> Is this a bug? What is the difference between checking for usability and
> checking for presence? Shouldn't autoconf use my CXXFLAGS when checking
> for a header files presence?

In general, it's the difference between the file is there and you can
compile a test program that uses it.  If there is a difference, then often
you need a prerequisite header.  But I believe if you adjust your call
using the advice above, this problem will go away for you.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden