make install error while installing autoconf 2.50

From: _Ke zy_
Subject: make install error while installing autoconf 2.50
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:08:29 +0800

I successfully compiled autoconf 2.50, but when I install it I get the following error:

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/kez/Programs/autoconf'
makeinfo autoconf-2.50/doc/install.texi --no-headers --no-validate --no-split --output=INSTALL.txt
make[3]: makeinfo: Command not found.
*** [INSTALL.txt] Error 127

The autoconf shell script seems to compile fine. When I run ./autoconf --version it comes out as 2.50, but if I run autoconf (without the DOT FORWARDSLASH) anywhere else, it comes out as 1.13 (the version I am upgrading from).

Thanks for your help (needless to say I have searched google, so I'm sorry if the solution is obvious),
Kezy

Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp