RE: AC_FUNC_ALLOCA Is Screwing Me

From: Drummonds, Scott B
Subject: RE: AC_FUNC_ALLOCA Is Screwing Me
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:49:51 -0800

From: Paul Eggert [mailto:address@hidden On
> It sounds like you're running into AC_REQUIRE insertions.  The
> documentation talks about AC_REQUIRE.

OK.  This help finally helped me isolate the problem to this succinct
description that I think can only be called a bug:

In my environment, if AC_PROG_CC precedes AC_FUNC_ALLOCA, AC_HEADER_STDC
is called without having $ac_objext set.  If AC_PROG_CC succeeds
AC_FUNC_ALLOCA, $ac_objext is set appropriately and the header check
passes.

Scott