autoconf /lib/cpp bug

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: autoconf /lib/cpp bug
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:58:56 -0800 (PST)

Im trying to build gettext on my system which uses uclibc and no c++. I get
this message when i configure.

checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of g++... none
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for autoconf-lib-link

How do we fix this? I have tried hacking the configure script and all i get is
errors. I tried changing the configure.ac on another system and rebuild the
configure script, still no go. I am looking for the macro that takes care of
this test but i cant find it.