Re: _AC_PROG_CXX_EXIT_DECLARATION problem

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: _AC_PROG_CXX_EXIT_DECLARATION problem
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:20:56 -0700

David Thompson <address@hidden> writes:

> Since this function has been modified at version 1.179, it now breaks
> our configure process on Windows with Microsoft compilers. The problem
> is, that the appropriate configuration is just #include <stdlib.h>
> with no prototype.

That's the first choice of _AC_PROG_CXX_EXIT_DECLARATION; it sets
ac_declaration to the empty string, and then tries to compile a program
like this:

  $ac_declaration
  @%:@include <stdlib.h>

which expands to

  #include <stdlib.h>

which is what you're asking for.

> For some reason, the case where stdlib and no prototype never runs (at
> least we never see it in the config.log.)
>
> Could this be a problem with bash or is there an error in the write of
> this function?

It could be either, but you need to investigate more what's going on.
You might try runing "configure" with "sh -x configure".