RE: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: RE: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:10:05 -0700

Austin Schutz wrote:

>       So then you are lastly left with translating compile
> options to work
> with your compiler/linker. That doesn't seem in and of itself
> like an enormous
> problem. Probably a couple hours of perl hackery and you
> could have something
> that would work reasonably well for the important options.

No, I don't think you're 'missing' something.  Convergence of course of
action from several parties is needed information when trying to avoid
the mistakes of history, however.  Next step seems to be how easy it is
to do the compiler wrapper in practice.  A personal variable on my part
is I'm no Perl hacker.  Not really a UNIX scripting kinda guy, I'm a 3D
graphics and AI kind of guy.  But that's ok... if nothing else I can
throw Python at it.  I don't really know Python, but the learning curve
is easy, and it could do this kind of job.  That said, if the Autoconf
culture is already strongly Perl oriented, and it needs to be installed
anyways to get full benefit....

I'll see how the next step goes in practice.

Did anyone mention actually having a MSVC compiler wrapper already?

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur